I very rarely set out to write a long post. Viva Survivors posts tend to be around 200 words, but sometimes they can be a lot shorter, as with these six posts on a range of topics:
- Remember You Are Talented – it helps to remember how you got where you are.
- Excuse or Explain – describing what you need to do in the viva.
- Practice Doesn’t Make Perfect – you are enough.
- One, Two, Three – a little pause helps in the viva.
- Three, Two, One – years of work, weeks of prep and one day.
- The Final Moments – the last nervous minutes of the viva…
And how about one more? Making A Difference – something you must do over the course of your PhD!
There are two more days of my review of 2022. Tomorrow we explore confidence and the day after we finish the year by looking at the topic of surviving.
PS: the Viva Survivors blog celebrated five years of daily posts earlier this year! To mark the journey so far I wrote and published “Keep Going – A Viva Survivors Anthology” – a curated collection of the best of the first five years. If you’re looking for viva help then this blog is and always will be free – if you want to support the blog and get an awesome book as well, then take a look at the options at the link. Thanks!