There are valuable viva prep tasks that only need to be done once…
- Sticking tabs in place to find the starts of chapters in your thesis;
- Underlining typos;
- Taking part in a mock viva;
- Reading your thesis – although it’s fine to re-read it, of course!
…there are valuable viva prep tasks that help you by doing them many times…
- Reflecting on how you’ve got so far;
- Exploring your research in conversation with friends;
- Finding useful ways to remind yourself of your talent;
- Raising your confidence!
…there’s a limit for how much viva prep work you can really do, and a balance to find with everything you’ve done before and everything else you need to do now.
Find a balance that works for you.