Two words to prompt reflection on nearly every aspect of the viva and viva prep.
- …about your thesis? Explore it chapter by chapter with a notebook in hand. Make notes about anything that stands out to you.
- …about your PhD journey? When you think back over how you did the work, what matters?
- …about your viva expectations? What do you need to know more about and what are you comfortable with?
- …about your examiners? Who are they, what do they do and what might they ask?
- …about your viva preparations? What do you have to do and when will you get the work done?
What’s important? Two words that can start your thinking, exploring and working towards what you need. The examples I give above might help, but maybe for your situation you need to focus on something else.
So ask yourself: what’s important?