Check off the following as you complete these thesis-related tasks before the viva:
- Added Post-it Notes to the start of each chapter to help with thesis navigation.
- Read through every chapter carefully at least once.
- Highlighted key references in each chapter.
- Added Post-it Notes to any important pages.
- Written a 1-line summary at the top of each page.
- Annotated any tricky passages to make them clearer.
- Bookmarked pages that add to the key contribution of the thesis.
If you’ve done all of these then you’re doing well. Your prep might not be complete, but you’ve read your thesis, annotated it usefully and started to think through why your work makes a difference.
What else can you do to get ready?