Many aspects of the viva, viva prep, viva expectations and what to do in the many related situations depend on the circumstances.
- Do you start to prepare two weeks or four weeks before?
- Do you need to admit when you’ve spotted a mistake in your thesis?
- Should you have an examiner whose work you’ve cited in your bibliography?
- Can you challenge an examiner’s comment?
- Should you invite your supervisor to your viva?
- Is a mock viva necessary?
- Do you need to focus on your methods, your results or your conclusions more?
So many questions. So many scenarios. No easy answers.
Explore the context. What does that question mean in your situation? What do you need to do? What is the real issue that you are unsure about?