Confidence is one of my favourite topics to explore when thinking about the viva. Good research, a good candidate and good prep can be assumed of any viva – but confidence makes a big difference for how someone engages with their examiners and the situation.
Here are five posts from this year that have dug a little deeper on the topic of confidence.
- A Constellation of Confidence – using the STAR tool to build confidence.
- Better Than Anyone Else – expanding on some oft-quoted viva advice.
- Generating Confidence – questions and ideas for building up confidence before the viva.
- Hold On To Confidence – once you have it, how do you keep feeling it?
- The Paperweight – something that helps my confidence!
Tomorrow is the last round-up post of the year – and the last post of the year! – and we’ll come once again to the topic of surviving. How do you “manage to keep going in difficult circumstances”?