Plan your prep. Do the work. Focus on the goal.
- Use fun stationery to mark up your thesis.
- Find music that helps you feel happy while you do the work – or helps you to feel better generally.
- Draw simple pictures to summarise your work.
- Reward your progress to keep you engaged.
- Rest and play and rest some more.
Playful prep has a place in getting ready for the viva. There’s work to do and milestones to meet – but you can take time to enjoy what you’re doing and play on the way to the viva.