I finished my look back over favourite posts last year with the theme of “surviving” – a break with several years of tradition.
2020 was a hard year, 2021 has continued to be challenging, but it feels right to come back to confidence. Confidence makes a real difference for the viva and how a candidate engages with it. Here are some thoughts from this year:
- Confident or Arrogant – the difference between the two. (it’s a big difference!)
- The Basics – a lack of confidence for the viva sometimes comes, very simply, from not having a good picture of what the viva is like.
- A Few Thoughts On Survive – while confidence is the theme for today, it feels appropriate to share a few thoughts on this too.
- Clearing Out Viva Doubts – confidence blossoms when we remove doubts.
- Be Brave – a little extra step you might need to take.
Survive means “manage to keep going in difficult circumstances”. If you’ve made it through the last few years and your viva is some time in 2022 then you can be confident that you can rise to the challenge.
If you have managed to keep going so far, you can continue. You’ve not come this far by being merely lucky.