You have to make original contributions in your thesis. It’s good to reflect on this before your viva. There are lots of questions that can help stimulate ideas and connections:
- What exists now that didn’t before?
- What is different in your work from other work in this area?
- How did your work build on earlier research?
- What have you learned?
- What are the outputs of your research?
- What new questions do we now know to ask?
If one question doesn’t spark an answer, see if another will. What’s new?