The topic of what makes your thesis a significant, original contribution is going to come up in your viva.
Your examiners are not going to simply ask “What makes your work significant? What makes it original?” Reflecting on different questions can help you be prepared to respond when the topic comes up with whatever questions your examiners use.
Think, write notes or talk with others about the following:
- Why is your thesis valuable?
- Who might use your work?
- How is your research different from what’s been done before?
- What makes your research topic interesting?
- How would you summarise your contribution?
- How is your research special?
- Why did you want to explore this area?
Explore your contribution before the viva and you can be ready for exploring it in the viva.