To finish 2018 I’m sharing my favourite posts from the last year. I’ll start as I did last year with the topic of viva prep, something that’s always in my mind because of this blog and the sessions that I deliver. Here are some of the most useful posts from the last twelve months.
- Four Ways To Prepare – to start, a few ideas on how candidates can approach prep for the viva.
- Easy Viva Prep? – a provocation to help think through how you might prepare.
- Augment – the reason for annotating your thesis.
- Thesis Commentary – ideas on how you can usefully use the white space in your thesis.
- All Post-its Great And Small – I’m a big fan of Post-it Notes!
- Reflecting on the Edited Bibliography – a list of questions to help create one of my favourite viva prep resources.
- Reasons To Have A Mock Viva – exploring why you might or might not want to have a mock viva.
I hope these posts give you a good foundation if you’re preparing for your viva soon. Seen anything else you think is useful for viva prep? Let me know! And do share these “best of” posts with any friends whose vivas are in the near future 🙂