As an alternate route to unpicking the value of your thesis contribution, consider reflecting on the challenge that was involved in getting it done. I don’t only mean the labour of three or more years, but the deeper questions about the nature of the research itself.
- Why could it not have been done before now?
- What made it difficult?
- Who else had tried to do this?
- Why are you the first person to do this?
- What do you see the challenge as being?
- What obstacles have you overcome?
Reflecting on the challenge is a different perspective, but it leads in the same direction. The challenge points to the value of what you’ve done.