How often did you reflect during your PhD? Here are nine questions to help with some end of PhD reflection. Write or record answers for them. Your examiners are unlikely to ask some of these, but perhaps you’ll find some new insights.
- What’s your PhD worth?
- What does your PhD mean?
- What will you do next?
- What can you do now that you couldn’t do at the start?
- What do you know now that you didn’t know at the start?
- What was the greatest challenge you overcame?
- How did you do it?
- What did you leave unfinished?
- How do you feel now you’re at the end?
Come back to your answers after the viva. See if any of them have changed. If they have, why?
[…] 9 Questions For The End Of The PhD – a good starting point for looking back. […]
[…] 9 Questions For The End Of The PhD […]