I’m rounding 2017 off with five days of link sharing for five different areas I’ve posted on this year. Today we’re exploring posts about questions. I love using questions to help people unpick all sorts of aspects of the viva, from prep through to feelings and questions that candidates can work through and answer to get as ready as possible.
- 9 Questions For The End Of The PhD – a good starting point for looking back.
- Six Whys – I love using “why” to start some thinking, and here are six good why questions…
- Six More Whys – …and here are six more!
- 7 Questions To Answer At Submission – some common queries for candidates to resolve.
- Examiner Profiles – a step-by-step process for thinking about who your examiners are.
- Questioning Your Bibliography – questions to unpick where your research comes from.
- 3 Questions You’ll Never Be Asked… – a short reflective exercise to help unpick viva anxieties.
- Why-How-What – a short three-question framework for summarising your research.
Questions help because they lead to answers. I like series of questions for digging into a topic, and hope to write more posts like this next year.
Found another post that you think is awesome? Let me know! And please share my best of 2017 posts with anyone who might need them. Retweets are always welcome!