There’s a mindset of exploration in viva preparation.
- Exploring what you did: not simply reading your thesis, but digging into it.
- Exploring what it means: reflecting on what you think now.
- Exploring recent literature: updating what you know and what might matter.
- Exploring your examiners: what they know and do.
- Exploring the possibilities for the viva: what might or might not happen.
If you’ve done the work for a PhD, being an explorer is probably second nature to you. You’re good at exploring; to prepare well for the viva you just need to continue using skills you already have.