A little bit of fun to help you think about getting ready for the viva.
Think about each of the following statements and give yourself a score from 1 to 10 depending on how well you agree with them (1 being that you don’t agree with it and 10 representing total agreement):
- “I feel like I know my research and my thesis pretty well.”
- “I know what to expect from a viva.”
- “I have taken time to annotate my thesis well.”
- “I feel confident about my examiners and who they are.”
- “I have rehearsed for the viva enough.”
- “I feel confident about meeting my examiners.”
Now reflect on the scores you’ve given. Think a score is low? Well, what can you do about that? What will you do about that? Who could help you? When will you take the next step?
Think a score is about right for you and your situation? Why? What evidence supports that? Is there anything else you could do to help?
Numbers can help you move yourself closer to being ready.