When you start to prepare for your viva, make a list of what you will need to feel prepared. Ask yourself:
- What practical materials do you need to help you get ready?
- How much time do you have to invest?
- Who do you need to consult with?
- What key tasks do you have to have finished?
- What activities will you engage with?
- What outputs or outcomes will help you to know that you are prepared?
With all of these questions responded to and items listed, you have a checklist. The more you mark off, the closer you are to being sure you’re ready. Even if you can’t get everything – say, if you can’t have a mock viva – if you manage most things then you can feel pretty confident for the big day.
What will it take for you to feel ready? Make a list and do as much as you can.