A long journey.
Tiring and stressful perhaps. At times the destination might have seemed uncertain – or perhaps even changed! But if your viva is somewhere in your near future then you’ve almost reached your journey’s end.
As you get closer, pause and take some time to reflect:
- When has the journey been most joyful?
- When has it been hard?
- When have you been lonely?
- When have you been supported?
- When have you made the quickest progress?
- When have you struggled the hardest?
- When have you had to make difficult choices? (and how did you make them?)
And most importantly, what’s kept you going?
Reflecting on the PhD journey can bring up sensitive or upsetting memories sometimes. It can also help to show your progress, your success, your development.
You got this far. Now keep going. Your journey’s final destination isn’t too far away.