I try not to be clickbait-y in the titles that I choose for posts. Numbers are sometimes really useful to help me round up ideas, and they also help to draw attention too. It dawned on me that in and amongst the many posts I’d published that I had probably done posts “counting down” from ten to one.
I checked – I have!
- 10 Thesis Reading Tips For Viva Prep
- Nine Noes For The Viva
- Eight Questions About Contribution
- 7 Summary Starters
- Six Steps For Friction-free Prep
- 5 Questions To Ask Your Supervisor After Submission
- 4 Ways To Engage In The Viva
- Three Wishes For Your Viva
- Two Questions About Your Examiners
- One More Day
Another thing about “number” posts: they’re usually pretty clear. While it won’t be enough for you to try to memorise “eight cool things” about your thesis or “ten top references” in your bibliography, giving yourself a nudge with a number could help you to look at your research differently. It might help you to summarise or capture things neatly too.
Used appropriately, numbers can stick in the mind quite well!