What assumptions are you making about your viva? Here are some I think are generally valid for the viva.
- Assume your examiners will be prepared.
- Assume you’ve written a good thesis.
- Assume that perfection is out of reach.
- Assume you have enough time to get ready.
- Assume that you have what it takes.
- Assume your viva will follow the general pattern of vivas.
- Assume that it will be different to every other viva you’ve heard of too.
- Assume that you will pass.
I like to assume – and think it’s fair to assume too – that once you’ve passed you’ll go and do something even more impressive.