You’re not expected to simply remember everything in your viva. Photographic recall is not a requirement, and there are lots of useful reminders you can use:
- Use Post-it Notes to mark the start of chapters or important sections.
- Write a list of important references.
- Create a cheatsheet of questions you want to ask you examiners.
- Read your thesis and write short summaries to break down your structure.
- Make something to help you remember the important things you’ve achieved.
- Make a jar of awesome to help you remember how good you are!
Of course, there’s a lot more you might need to remember, and a lot more ways you could help yourself remember.
So what do you need? And what will you do?
(A Final Reminder: need in this case could be because it will simply help you to feel better – that’s OK!)