It’s the answer for many questions around the viva…
- Will you remember everything?
- Will you forget something important?
- Will you go blank?
- Will your examiners like everything?
- Will they hate everything?
- Will you demonstrate perfection?
- Will you be cool, calm and collected?
- Will your nerves get the best of you?
- Would any of these things really make a difference on how things might go?
You don’t need to be perfect, and you don’t need to recall everything; you don’t need to fret over forgetting or going blank; you shouldn’t expect your examiners to rip your work to shreds and you can’t realistically expect that they won’t have questions or comments.
You can be ready. You can have realistic expectations. You can go prepared to meet any challenges.
Will you face another challenge like this in your life? Probably not.
But will this be the biggest thing you ever do? Probably not.