I like “Three Whats” – what, so what, now what – as a means to start reflections and forward thinking. Like many prompt and reflection tools, they have a much wider application.
- What will help you feel ready for the viva?
- So what are you going to do?
- Now what is your first step?
Giving A Summary Of Your Research…
- What started your interest in this area?
- So what was the result of your research?
- Now what does that mean for others as a result?
Debriefing After A Mock Viva…
- What did that feel like?
- So what does that mean for the real viva?
- Now what are you going to do?
I’m a huge fan of tools and frameworks. They’re useful for getting started, you don’t begin with a completely blank page.
What else could you apply the “Three Whats” to?
So what are you waiting for?
Now wh– I’ll stop!