After my viva I waited in my office for seventeen minutes for the result.
- Thirsty. Drink some water.
- Hungry. Chocolate! …mmm…
- Dazed. Wh-…?!
- Puzzled. How has it been four hours?
- Tired. Why did I have insomnia last night?
- Anxious. What did they think?
- Self-critical. Why did I not spend more time on…?
- Curious. It’s two in the afternoon, where is everyone?
- Confident. I did well, it’s a pass!
- Confident………? …….it is a pass, right?
- Lonely. It’d be nice to have someone to talk to.
- Perplexed. Seriously, how was that four hours?
- Exhausted. Three hours of sleep, four hours in the viva…
- Confident. (…I think…)
- Hungry. …but I should wait until after they call me back.
- Shattered. Do I have to celebrate today?
- Poised. How much longer until they come and get-KNOCK KNOCK
Those seventeen minutes felt longer than the four hours. And then it was over.