To finish 2018 I’m sharing my favourite posts from the last year. For the last day of 2018 I want to share a few posts about possibly the single most important topic there is around the viva: confidence. I’ve had this in my mind a lot for the last year, and it’s grown to be a central theme in the message I try to put across in my sessions. Here are five posts from the last twelve months that stand out to me.
- The Knack – a story about confidence from my life, and one of the most personal posts I’ve written.
- Mismatched – the difference between expectations and the reality of the viva.
- The Magic Feather – where might you find your confidence?
- Oppositeworld – a piece of thought-experiment fiction.
- “There’s No Miracle People” – you can inspire your own confidence by looking at how you got this far.
If your viva is coming up think about what your confidence levels are like. Confidence doesn’t mean you’re not nervous. Make sure you have realistic expectations, and think about everything you’ve done to get this far. Given every challenge you’ve faced, what’s one more conversation?
It’s been great to finish 2018 by sharing some of my favourite posts! Let me know which resonated with you, and do share posts with anyone who might need them.
Come back tomorrow for the start of another year of daily blog posts about the viva! 🙂