There’s a time and a place for detailed plans, complex strategies and exhaustive lists. But figuring out everything you need to plan or do or check is hard. And when you get a list together it can be overwhelming. Instead, start with one thing.
- Start with one person who can tell you about their viva.
- Start with one chapter of your thesis.
- Start with one question to help you unpick your results.
- Start with one paper that has been really helpful.
- Start with one idea of how to explain your thesis.
There may be more to do. Once you start you have momentum. Keep going.