There are many actions, big and small, that you can take to improve your readiness for the viva.
- Placing a sticky note at the start of each chapter can help you navigate your thesis more easily.
- Taking half an hour to reflect and list key references can help you make connections about your research.
- Preparing for and having a mock viva can help your confidence grow for meeting your examiners.
- Simply writing one short sentence – you can do this – at the start of your thesis can give you a little boost.
- Describing your research to a friend over coffee can help you practise sharing ideas.
- A two-hour meeting with your supervisor can help you review ideas, key questions and difficult problems.
There are many actions, big and small, that you can take to improve your readiness for the viva. Some may only help a little, but lots of small actions can add up to a huge difference.
Don’t neglect the little things – and don’t put off the big tasks!