Six years of the Viva Survivors daily blog.
Wow. Time flies when you’re planning, writing and publishing an original and helpful blog post every day!
What stands out to me from the last six years?
- As time goes by I see this resource I’ve made as valuable for PGRs, but it’s also incredibly valuable to me as a way to practice, refine and explore ideas. I’d recommend a regular writing practice to anyone.
- For all the changes of the last few years, the viva – preparation, expectations, worries and problems – doesn’t seem to have changed. Not really.
- The mini-vivas resource I made remains one of my favourite viva prep ideas!
- For all the prep someone can do before the viva, perhaps the most valuable thing they can do is build their confidence – centred on the work they have done and the success they’ve found along the way.
- Publishing a daily blog isn’t “hard” but it is work. It doesn’t get easier, it evolves and stays challenging.
- I want to encourage more people to subscribe than currently do. I’ve been told many times that receiving an email every day with a little viva help or encouragement has been great. I want to find helpful ways to encourage PGRs to sign-up!
Onwards and upwards. No plan to stop, no need to pause. Thank you for reading, if this is your first post or your five-hundredth. There’s a lot of help here, if you need it.
And as a little bonus for today, links to the first and anniversary posts from the last six years!
- No Accident – April 18th 2017
- One Year Later – April 18th 2018
- The Culture Around Vivas – April 18th 2019
- Three Years On – April 18th 2020
- Four Years – April 18th 2021
- A Happy Accident – April 18th 2022
I wonder what I’ll share next year?