Forgetting something in the viva could happen to any candidate. It’s a reasonable thing to worry about, even if there realistically wouldn’t be a great consequence to a minor lapse in memory.
It’s reasonable to worry about forgetting; if you do then you have to take action to help yourself get past the worry. There’s a lot you could do:
- Mark out the start of chapters to make your thesis easier to navigate.
- Mark key sections so you can find important details.
- Highlight or underline parts of your thesis that you might want to quote.
- Create summaries of important information.
- Practise responding to questions to gain comfort for the viva.
There really is a lot you could do if you worry about forgetting something in the viva – and all of this work is part of regular viva preparation!