Instead of jumping straight into a long session of reading or note-writing, do one or two of these little things to get your brain warmed-up for viva prep!
- Pick a chapter in your thesis at random and write two sentences describing how it makes a contribution to your research.
- Write down three things about both of your examiners and their work.
- Rehearse for a moment how you explain a core idea of your research.
- Gather together two or three items of stationery to help annotate your thesis.
- Grab a Post-it Note and write down one thing you want to accomplish in the period of viva prep.
Getting ready for the viva can sometimes involve intense concentration on a particular task. Before you focus, do something small to start well.