In preparation for your viva consider the old and the new.
- What had been done in your area before your research?
- What were the most useful papers/references that helped your work?
- What were your hopes or plans when you started your PhD?
- What have you shown through your research?
- What do you consider the main achievements in your thesis?
- How have you changed as a result of your PhD?
Reflect and draw out valuable ideas about your research; explore for yourself how you have grown as a researcher. There’s a lot to unpick about your journey, your research and how you have got it done. Take time to reflect and prepare before your viva.