If you think you’re ready for your viva then there’s probably nothing to do but find space to rest and relax. If you’re not sure you’re ready then there’s lots you could try:
- You could find out more about what to expect.
- You could read your thesis again to check that it matches your memory.
- You could learn a little about your examiners.
- You could reflect and check how you feel about you as a researcher.
- You could talk to your supervisor and get their opinion on lots of things.
If you’re not sure you’re ready then there’s lots you could try – but that doesn’t mean that you have to do lots to get ready. Viva prep is only a small piece of the viva puzzle.
Have you done the work you needed to for your research? Have you written and submitted your thesis? Then you’re almost ready. You’ve done a lot to get this close to PhD success.
Viva prep is a little more that will help.