2020 hasn’t been an easy year, has it? 2021 feels like it’s going to be tough too.
There are still challenges and changes ahead of us all. As with the viva, to begin with, we’re called to survive – which means “manage to keep going in difficult circumstances“.
- Interesting Times – I wrote this post on March 16th, before the first lockdown in the UK, but after we had started our own family lockdown. This was an extra post for that day, written out of a need to share something.
- New Expectations? – the viva is all online now, for now at least. That doesn’t mean that it’s bad, but it’s different.
- No Hurry, No Pause – not a post explicitly on surviving, but the linked resource resonates, as do some of the questions which are mentioned.
- Fortunate Positions – I share a story that explores both why and how people survive in the viva…
- By The Numbers – …and some questions to explore that idea a little more.
- Is Survival Enough? – a question I’ve been reflecting on a lot lately.
Surviving might be uncomfortable sometimes. It might be at odds with your preferences or skillset. But there are reasons you’ve got this far; reasons that have helped you through these difficult circumstances. Remember them and keep going.