Getting ready for the viva is far more productive and beneficial if it’s done in a sustainable way.
- Don’t sit down to get ready when you’re already tired.
- Don’t sit down in a space that isn’t right for you, where prep is going to be a struggle.
- Don’t leave it all to the last minute so that you have extra pressures.
You can’t exhaust your personal resources and work well in an environment that adds pressures to you. That’s no way to get ready.
- How can you get ready at a time that works well for you? When might that be?
- Where can you prepare well? What might you need to do to prepare that space?
- How do you need to plan your preparation so that it’s not a rush? When do you need to start?
Prep will take anywhere from a few weeks to a month. Invest a little thought into how you are going to do that to look after yourself, as well as considering what exactly you will do to get ready.
[…] Thoughts on Sustainable Prep – I’ve been thinking a little more about how people get ready for the viva this year, as well as what they do. This seems like a good post to start with! […]