I got a new logo for my business a few months ago.
I like it. For the longest time I struggled with how to explain what I did:
- I’m a freelance skills trainer.
- I’m a skills trainer for PhDs.
- I’m a skills trainer and writer.
- No, not with maths, I did a PhD in maths but I’m not a tutor…
- I’m a researcher-developer.
- I’m an independent researcher-developer.
- I’m an independent researcher-developer and writer.
No. Simply: I help PGRs become PhDs.
What do you do? How do you define what you do with your skills, your work, your research, or with the outcomes or mission?
When you can find greater clarity in explaining it to others, you might find some interesting or surprising things for yourself. Consider that, particularly as you prepare to explain who you are and what you do at your viva.
What do you do?