Getting together with others can make a big difference to your viva.
- Have a meeting with your supervisor to discuss possible examiners before submission.
- Ask a friend for coffee to talk about your research.
- Sit down with friends and family to help them understand what you’ll be going through.
- Pop in and see your researcher-developers to see what courses or resources might help.
- Arrange a mock viva with your supervisor to have a useful rehearsal for the real thing.
Perhaps meeting is too strong a word for some of these ideas, too formal maybe. Still, you don’t have to get to the viva by yourself: ask others for help and they will give it.
You have to do the viva alone, but plenty of other people can help you get there. Explore what you need and ask for what you need most.