There’s a lot you can do to prepare for the viva – so much that at times it could feel overwhelming. Whatever you’re going to do, start with a limit of just three things to help you focus.
- Ask your supervisor three questions to help you prepare – what would they be?
- Put three bookmarks into your thesis – where would they go?
- Check three papers you’ve referenced – which ones would they be?
- Take three minutes to summarise your work – what would you say?
- Think of three questions you would like to ask your examiners – what are they?
Three is just to start. You can invest more time, more questions, more effort after the first three, the most important three are done.