When your viva is a few days away, take thirty minutes to reflect on the following questions:
- What was the first day of your PhD like?
- How about the end of your first month?
- What was it like at your transfer viva?
- How did you feel the first time you presented your research?
- And how about the most recent time?
- How did you feel at submission?
- How do you feel now you’re almost-prepared for the viva?
You have to improve over the course of doing a PhD. You change, but day-to-day you might not feel it. Take a little time before your viva to reflect on the beginning, middle and almost-end of your research journey. Just before the viva you might feel a little nervous, a little excited, but hopefully you can see that the last several years have been a process leading you to the talented, wonderful researcher you are now.