There are lots of things you could do. Here are seven things I think it’s best to avoid.
- Don’t look for typos obsessively.
- Don’t read your thesis passively.
- Don’t read the entire publication history for your examiners.
- Don’t treat your preparation like a chore.
- Don’t avoid prep that makes you nervous.
- Don’t do something just because someone told you it worked for them.
- Don’t create model answers for every question you can think of.
Some people say “don’t worry.”
I won’t. I don’t think it helps to worry, but it doesn’t help to get directed to not worry.
However, it is possible to distract yourself from worry by working towards being ready. And if you reflect on the negatives expressed above, you can find the positive actions you can take towards getting prepared.