Each year I finish my blogging by sharing some of my favourite posts. Today we finish my annual round-up with my favourite posts from 2019 on the subject of confidence. After considering expectations, examiners, practical prep and all of the other topics that come to mind about the viva, confidence is the missing piece of the puzzle. It’s a very personal topic for me too, as I can see the difference it’s made to me since finishing my PhD.
- I Like Hope… – …but hope isn’t confidence!
- Origin Stories – reflect on the story that you tell yourself about how you got where you are.
- Confidence Tests – check in with yourself as you do things in preparation for the viva.
- Confidence Through Practice – your actions lead you towards confidence.
- You’re Not A Failure – “The way you feel doesn’t mean you automatically fail.”
- My Dinosaur Socks, My Purple Jumper – thinking about the little things that can make a big difference!
Confidence helps put nerves and doubts into perspective, and helps candidates to see the talent that has lead them to the viva. Let me know what others posts have helped this year. Subscribe to the blog to get a new post by email every day in 2020!