To finish 2018 I’m sharing my favourite posts from the last year. I find lists helpful. I find questions helpful. A list of posts about lists and questions should be super-helpful! Structure helps, and having organised sets of tasks can make prep or thinking about the viva better. Useful questions to dig into topics helps a lot too.
- 20 Small Steps To A Better Viva – what can you do to make your viva better?
- 7 Questions For Selecting Examiners – one of the topics I get asked about most when working with candidates!
- 5 Questions To Ask Your Supervisor After Submission – your supervisor is one of your most valuable allies in preparation for the viva.
- Top Ten Top Fives – a series of short exercises to get you thinking…
- Ten More Top Fives – …which I enjoyed writing so much I came back to the idea again!
- Eight Hows & Whys To Unpick Your Methodology – another topic I get asked about a lot in sessions with PGRs.
- Nine Noes For The Viva – I often reflect on doing a podcast or talk which is just me reading a stream of edited posts. This one would probably be the final part.
A real mix of topics in today’s post. What did you like? What other areas would you like to see me explore? Drop me a line and I’ll add it to my musing for 2019. Do share this post if you think it will help someone else!