Earlier this year I shared a list post, Top Ten Top Fives, that had ideas on how to get started with thinking about the viva and viva prep. A simple setup, prompts to get ideas flowing and start making notes.
Today seemed like a good chance to add some more prompts:
- Top Five Academics Who Would Be A Good External!
- Top Five Tips You’ve Heard For Viva Prep!
- Top Five Expectations For Viva Day!
- Top Five Questions You Think You’ll Be Asked!
- Top Five Help Requests You Can Make!
- Top Five Questions For Your Supervisor In Preparation!
- Top Five Challenges You Overcame In Your PhD!
- Top Five Annotations You’re Going To Make In Your Thesis!
- Top Five Unanswered Questions From Your Research!
- Top Five Things You’ll Do To Celebrate Passing Your Viva!
There’s inertia to overcome with thinking about different aspects of the viva. A little nudge, a good prompt, can get things moving.