Six viva preparation ideas. Get a piece of paper and pick one of the following to write about. You don’t need to do all of these. Each one offers a different perspective on your PhD.
- Answer the question, “What’s important about my research?”
- Write about your conclusions and where they come from.
- Detail the helpful steers your supervisor gave you during your PhD.
- Write about what you found difficult during your research.
- Answer the question, “Who would find my work interesting?”
- Write down the first ten words that come to mind about your PhD. Expand on each.
A little thinking, and a little time spent on putting those thoughts into words on a page.