It can feel like a great pressure has been taken away when you submit your thesis…
…only to be replaced by the pressure of the viva and preparation. Some candidates will feel it more than others, particularly if they’re juggling work, applying for jobs, taking care of their families and 101 other things.
So plan. Break up the pressure by being clear about what you need to do. Some questions that could help:
- How much time do you have available?
- What constraints are there on your time?
- What can you do to make your preparation time more effective?
- When can you work at your best to prepare?
- Who do you need help from? (and how can you ask them?)
- What can you do less of or rearrange to make space for your viva prep?
- What would a good plan for your prep look like?
“Busy” means you have to make a change. Start by stepping back. Get organised and get to work. The end is in sight.