I often encourage people to use “top fives” to start a summary or reflection. Get a list of five going and you have something to build on. There’s a lot you can think about when you’re preparing for the viva, so here’s my top ten list of top five topics!
- Top Five Contributions To Your Field That You’ve Made!
- Top Five Papers That You’ve Referenced In Your Bibliography!
- Top Five Questions You Might Like To Ask Your Examiners In The Viva!
- Top Five Pages You Want To Find Easily In Your Thesis!
- Top Five Things You Really Need To Remember!
- Top Five Questions You Don’t Want To Be Asked By Your Examiners!
- Top Five People You Can Turn To For Help!
- Top Five Steps You Need To Do To Feel Prepared!
- Top Five Proudest Moments Of Your PhD!
- Top Five Things You Can Do To Be Confident On The Day!
Lists are fun. Structure helps. What makes your list(s)?