I’m rounding 2017 off with five days of link sharing for five different areas I’ve posted on this year. I’m starting today with the topic of viva prep which is something I think about every day. How can we best approach it? How can I help people think about it and then do something effective? Here’s a list of some of the best posts from 2017 to help with preparing for the viva!
- 10 Thesis Reading Tips For Viva Prep – pretty much exactly what it sounds like!
- First Thoughts – a quick reflective exercise.
- Start – ideas on when to start preparation.
- Allies and Acknowledgements – thoughts on figuring out who can help you prepare…
- Coffee Break – …and ideas on some essential ways they can help!
- A Different Perspective – talk to your supervisors about what they think.
- Eight Thoughts About Viva Stress – what to do if thinking about the viva becomes too much.
- Rehearsal – thoughts about how to make the most of the mock viva.
- Taming The Blank Page – quick strategies for making valuable summaries of your thesis.
I hope these posts are really useful for you. There are hundreds of posts on the blog from 2017, so go looking and see what you find.
Found something else on viva prep that you think is awesome? Let me know! And please share my best of 2017 posts with anyone who might need them. Retweets are always welcome!