Why questions are the root of reflection. You have to take a step back and ponder. Here are six for viva preparation:
- Why were you attracted to your field of study?
- Why was your particular focus worth pursuing?
- Why were the methods you used the best fit for what you did?
- Why are you certain of the results you’ve found?
- Why is your interpretation of those results correct?
- Why is your research a significant contribution to your field?
Big questions. Take some time to think about these, maybe journal them or make some notes. They get at the core of your research.
[…] wrote a short post a few months ago with six why questions to help reflect on your research. Here are six more to continue the […]
[…] Six Whys – I love using “why” to start some thinking, and here are six good why questions… […]